About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. I'm sure I've heard this angle before. Surely in the 30-something years I've heard sermons, I've heard this point made. But that's the funny thing, isn't it? You rediscover important truths all the time, if you tune in.

I've wished my father and my husband (it's his 2nd Father's Day as the "da-DEEEE!!!" to our adorable 19-month-0ld) a happy Father's Day today. And they're both great dads. But--and don't be offended, guys--but you're not God. So on this Father's Day (and future ones, I pray), I'm remembering that God is our ultimate Father. He's the one all fathers should model themselves after (and we mothers too!). He loves us more than anyone else can or will.

So, God, thanks for being my dad. You've always been there for me and always will be. Thanks for giving me wings but also roots. I didn't get you a card, but I know You know I love you.

No comments: