About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

When It Hurts

Saying this past week was difficult would be a ridiculously huge understatement. From the discouragement of being a teacher to the challenges of being a wife and mother (not to mention the agony of an on-again-off-again sore throat), every facet of my life was painful, frustrating, and just plain hard.

As long as we live on this earth, this fallen world, it will be hard.

But God loves me. And He loves you. And He is good.

"My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life" (Psalm 119:50).

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety" (Psalm 3:8).

"Then Job replied to the LORD: 'I know that You can do all things; no plan of Yours can be thwarted'" (Job 42:1-2).

"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You" (Psalm 9:9-10).

"For the heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands" (Psalm 19:1).

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters" (Psalm 18:16).

"...[M]y God turns my darkness into light. With Your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.... For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God?" (Psalm 18:28b-29, 31).
There are more and more passages to quote, but I must stop here. I pray these words have strengthened and comforted you.

No comments: