About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Satan Doesn't Get It

If you haven't heard the story of Laura Van Ryn, it's the stuff of movies.

In an odd case of misidentification following a terrible car crash, the family of Laura Van Ryn was told that their daughter was in a coma. However, she had been killed. The girl in a coma was actually the daughter of another family. This family had been told that their child had been killed. The girls' true identities were not discovered until this week--about a month after the accident.

To read more about the story, click
here.

However, the real story is the faith of these families. The Van Ryn family began a blog, informing family and friends of the progress of the young woman they believed was their daughter. To view the blog, click
here.

I posted a comment. I had to. Here's my post:

Anonymous said...
"Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God" (Isaiah 50:10b).This scripture was in my daily Bible reading on the 1-year anniversary of my mother's very sudden death, which happened in March 2005. I pray that you will continue to hold on to your faith in God in these times when you feel as if you are walking in the dark.30-year-old daughter in Texas
4:20 PM


Satan just doesn't get it. God's people are at their best when faced with adversity, sorrow, and suffering. May we continue to rally around each other during the hard times and rejoice with each other during the good times. Powerful forces wish us to turn against each other. Let us never allow this to happen.

1 comment:

Julie Kibler said...

I saw that story in my newspaper today. The entry that really got me and choked me up was where they said Whitney was asking for "my dad" by name. How confused she must have been. It makes you wonder if she also has amnesia to a certain extent, else how was she not somehow able to let them know, especially being able to read and talk?

What a tragic situation, but you are correct...the blog entries demonstrate that the families are looking out for the bigger plan in all this.