About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

At Last

We've been doing some home improvement around our house lately. For those of you who have experienced this, you know how long it seems to take. Some verses in Isaiah 57 stuck out at me today that reminded me that God will take care of us while we're here on earth, and someday we'll live with Him. God had been angry with His people, the land of Israel, because they had sinned again and again, putting Him out of their minds. And yet He proclaims that He will heal them.

"And it will be said: 'Build up, build up, prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people.' For this is what the high and lofty One says--he who lives forever, whose name is holy: 'I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. I will not accuse forever, nor will I always be angry, for then the spirit of man would grow faint before me--the breath of man that I have created. I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him, creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel. Peace, peace, to those far and near,' says the LORD. 'And I will heal them'" (Isaiah 57:14-16, 18-19).

One of my favorite parts is that God doesn't want our spirits to grow faint because He created us. I guess that's the heart of a Father.

This Sunday, Father's Day, remember your heavenly Father, the One who gives us all the chance for an eternal life spent with Him.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow, I never thought of father's day that way before. I mean, its right there in front of your face, but you never realize...

And here I was dreading fathers day because my dad is not a very good one. Now I have reason to look forward to it :)

Everyday should be father's day!

Sunshine said...

I've been blessed with having a great dad. But I have some close friends with not so great ones. Glad my stream-of-consciousness musings gave you some hope. :)

Julie Kibler said...

Good (on what you said in your post), because I'm feeling faint this week. :)

It was nice to see a new post from you! We've just been way too busy, haven't we?

Sunshine said...

Way too busy. You're gonna have to tell me how to post photos on my blog soon.