About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Quote of the Week

I really hate that I haven't been posting on this blog. It makes me mad. Mad at myself. But it began with the best of intentions. I have a habit of turning good things into trivial things that are just items on my to-do list. I never want to feel that way about scripture and my spiritual life. So, I began to post only once a week. I also wanted to devote more time to my work (what I do to earn a living) and to my job as a wife. Then work just got really busy. And then life got really busy. So here I am, wondering where the time went.

I've been reading bits and pieces of scripture now and then, but I haven't been moved to write. I guess that's okay--sometimes you just need to listen and digest in silence.

But I do want to keep myself aware of the spiritual world and, of course, my God.

Here's a quotation from Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott. I don't agree with all of her views, but when was that ever expected of us Christians? Our goal is to have unity, despite our differences. Okay, here it is:

"My pastor, Veronica, says that peace is joy at rest, and joy is peace on its feet...."

I love that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great quote--I could ponder that in silence for a long time.... So nice to read a blog from you Your insights are refreshing!

Sunshine said...

Thanks, dahling. I've *got* to make myself do this regularly again. I can feel my spirit atrophying. (That word sounds and looks funny.)