About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Not Until Then

Here's an excerpt from an e-mail I sent to a couple of friends today. Thought it was worth recording. I think an essay by one of those friends helped influence these thoughts. Thank God for people who direct our eyes heavenward!

I've been so overwhelmed lately about what I should be doing--exercising, cleaning the house more consistently, watching what I eat, finding new, healthy recipes, sending the hubby e-cards and little notes more often, praying (especially for situations my friends are dealing with), reading the Bible (rarely do that anymore). And...I don't even have kids to deal with! I guess there's always going to be something that we know we ought to do more, or do less, or start doing, or stop doing. Ugh. Maybe that's the whole Philippians 1:6 thing about "he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." We can work at improving ourselves (along with God's grace, of course), but we'll never manage it all until we reach heaven. And then we'll be made perfect in His likeness. Guess I should quit stressing out, huh?

Anybody else feel like this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean! "Not a day will be added to life by worry" does come to mind when I make my 'need to work on' lists. If I pray over my list and ask God to lead me in the listed items (if any) that He wants me to concentrate on I'd feel more peaceful about it all. Thanks for making me think, girlie!
Joelle

Julie Kibler said...

"Thank God for people who direct our eyes heavenward!"

Right back at you. :)

Sunshine said...

Thanks for the comments! I love them!