About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Friday, July 28, 2006

It's Simple, Really

Today as I was reading The Power of a Praying Wife, I was reminded that we must thank God. Here's the quote, which is from a prayer, based on scripture, written by Stormie Omartian:

"Make him a praising person, for I know that when we worship You we gain clear understanding, our lives are transformed, and we receive power to live Your way."

The chapter this sentence is in isn't even about thankfulness. It's about obedience. Omartian's insight just hit me like a ton of bricks. When was the last time I thanked God? When was the last period of time I thanked Him regularly? Have I ever been consistent about it?

Ouch.

So, let's try this out: The next time we're feeling stressed or worried or sad or angry, let's thank God. For what?, you may ask, I'm upset here! I'm sure you can think of something in your life for which you can thank God. Go ahead and practice right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone around me lately is asking if I'm ok. I am obviously not raidiating my joyful spirit. I haven't been even taking the time to STOP and pray for a few moments. I needed to say thankyou to God this morning! (and lift my head up out of repetitive)
Your post was a refreshing reminder! Thanks be to God who gives us gentle shoves!
joelle

Sunshine said...

Yep, He's so nice because usually they are *gentle* shoves. Even now and then, we're just dumb, so they've got to be a little harder. ;)