About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Strong to the End

Life is a continuous balancing act, isn't it? Several months ago I stopped posting on this blog regularly because I felt that I was spending too much time on it and not enough time on work and my personal responsibilities. But you know how it is--the busyness of life got the better of me, and I neglected the blog as well as, I hate to admit, reading Scripture. So my plan is to try to post every weekday again, even if the posts are brief. I've found that posting on the blog keeps me accountable. And perhaps my random thoughts and the verses I highlight will bring a little joy into your life.

This morning's passage: I Corinthians 1:1-9

Highlights:

"For in him you have been enriched in every way..." (v. 5a).

Why do we so easily forget that our relationship with God can meet our every need? The trick to it is abiding in Him, as Jesus discussed in John 15.

"He will keep you strong to the end....God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful" (v. 8a, 9).

Isn't that great? We don't have to keep ourselves strong in our own power; He empowers us. I love it.

No comments: