About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Unity

God blessed me with more sleep than usual (well, so did Benadryl), so just a passage today:

"...I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace" (Ephesians 4:1-3).

As a teacher, I want each of my classes to operate as one happy family. This rarely happens naturally. But I have thought about this a lot lately and have realized that I must guide these teenagers how to have unity; if we cannot achieve harmony, we can at least live peacefully with each other.

Getting along with each other can be difficult. I have heard it pointed out in sermons that the key to verse 3 of the passage above is that we are to "keep" the unity that the Spirit has already created among believers. We must focus on the fact that every human being is God's child. That somehow can make it easier to realize that we're all His.

May God show you how to apply this today.


No comments: