About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Wells of Salvation

"'Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation'" (Isaiah 12:2). That last part reminds me that Jesus became a man in order to become my salvation.

"With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation" (Is. 12:3). This verse reminds me of Jesus' encounter with the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well. He offered her living water, water that would satisfy her endlessly, water that would allow her to never thirst again (John 4). I am also struck by the first phrase--"with joy." We Christians often lose our joy in our day-to-day tasks and frustrations. Let's not lose our joy, but reclaim it every day. We are the redeemed children of God!

"Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you" (Is. 12:6). This verse reminds me of my favorite name for Jesus--Emmanuel. It also excites me to think of the Christmas songs we'll soon be singing, celebrating Jesus' birth.

Hope these short musings have renewed the power of God in you today.

No comments: