About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Monday, December 05, 2005

God's Other "Child"

"The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters" (Psalm 24:1-2).

As Christians, we find comfort in knowing that God loves us because He made us; we are His creation. We are not God's only creation, though. He also made the earth. In fact, He crafted the world before He made us.

As I read Psalm 24 this morning, it struck me how much God must love the earth. I've thought in the past that God created the earth and gave it to us to care for. But I never thought about God's love for His world. This realization could certainly alter one's perspective on environmental issues. Let's be mindful of how we can better care for this beautiful world over which God has appointed us stewards.

No comments: