About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Decisions and Grace

The Verse of the Day on BibleGateway.com's website:

"When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul" (Psalm 94:18-19).

I'm quite tired this morning and somewhat frustrated by a number of things. This verse is just a good one--plain and simple.

Here's a related thought, though....

Last night I watched Joyce Meyer's TV program, and she was talking about grace. She made the point (very clearly and with great humor, I might add) that there has to be a collaboration, a partnership between God's grace and a decision on our part. We can't just ask God to help us and expect something magical to happen. Often, Joyce said, we're really wanting God to just do the work for us. That's not how it works. This applies to all kinds of situations, such as exercising to repairing a broken relationship.

Make a decision today that needs to be made and ask God for the strength, courage, persistence, or whatever to stick to it.

1 comment:

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

Yep, and there you go again. Preach, sistah.