About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tomorrow May Come...It Usually Does

So, do you have a vision for your life?

The devotional I read this morning was focused on our future. Of course, we don't need to know exactly what our plans are. I used to be one of those people who had a definite plan. The funny thing is that my life didn't happen at all as I thought it would...and that's fine with me. But we do need to understand that God wants our future to be wonderful.

"'There is hope for your future,' declares the LORD" (Jeremiah 31:17).

Those of you who have been reading these blogs know that "joy" is a special concept and word to me. That will always be true. My nature is such that I need to work at finding joy in the day-to-day grind of life. But lately I have been thinking of another word often: hope. You've got to have hope to believe in anything. If there's no hope of a beautiful future, what's the point of even thinking about it? But God has made so many awesome promises and has been faithful through so much, I do have hope. And I pray you do, too.

Note: My post title is from "Anything Anytime Anywhere" by Jimmy Buffett. That line always cracks me up.

2 comments:

Julie Kibler said...

Gently, whisper "Hope."

:)

Sunshine said...

Foy Vance--Gabriel and the Vagabond. Great song. Thanks for sharing it. :)