About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Keep Trusting

In the past few days I've been struggling with frustration in a few situations. Proverbs 11 contains some nuggets of wisdom that have given me renewed hope. Here are some highlights:

"The righteousness of the blameless makes a straight way for them." (Prov. 11:5a) Life is full of confusion. But if you are following God's ways, life is less confusing and can sometimes be seen with complete clarity.

"For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisers make victory sure." (Prov. 11:14) Makes sense for decisionmaking on a national level, but this verse also serves as a reminder to us everyday folk that we need to be very careful from whom we solicit advice.

"[H]e who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward." (Prov. 11:18b) The origin of my first name means "reaper," so I have always liked Galatians 6:7, which says, "A man reaps what he sows." And lately I haven't felt like I've been reaping much despite my efforts, but I will trust in God's faithfulness and timing to give me what I need when it is the right time.

"Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished, but those who are righteous will go free." (Prov. 11:21) Whew, thank goodness! Injustices run rampant in our world, so it is wise to trust God that it will all "come out in the wash" in the end.

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." (Prov. 11:25) I have found that when I am feeling sorry for myself, the best remedy is to do something kind for someone else. Try it.

I pray these short sayings will be a blessing to you today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."

Teri - You ARE the generous 'man' and you do refresh others. I pray that your soul is refreshed more than what you give. I do feel confident that what you did Sunday night wasn't for "nothing".. that you were a blessing, even to someone what you will never know. God works in such curious ways. I trust that He will show you a mark that you made on one of his children. You influence me for good each time i see you - and even when I can't....because I know your heart is true and giving. Thanks for always being you.... that precious child of the King!

Sunshine said...

Thanks for your encouragement. I need it! Satan's been trying hard to get me down, so thanks for helping me fight against him. I think he's beginning to lose this round!