About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Postscript to "Keeping Your Mouth Shut..."

I thought about this earlier, but I guess I forgot about it. But I think it is vital that you understand this before you attempt to tame your tongue. James said, "[N]o man can tame the tongue" (James 3:8a). Before you say, "See? I told you so. I shouldn't even try because I know I'll fail," consider Philippians 4:13: "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." You will not be able to tame your tongue with your own efforts alone. Ask God to give you the wisdom, strength, guidance, and desire to control your words. Ask Him with your whole heart and will. You must be willing for His will to be accomplished in you.

Whew! Okay, I feel better now!

No comments: