About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Isaiah 1

"Hear, O heavens! Listen, O earth! For the LORD has spoken: 'I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me...[M]y people do not understand'" (Is. 1:2, 3b).

Here is another prophet that God sends to His people in an attempt to draw them back to Him. He entreats them to "stop bringing meaningless offerings" (Is. 1:13) and to "stop doing wrong, learn to do right" (Is. 1:16b). I have to ask myself how much it must hurt God when I ask Him for help, but then have bad feelings toward others of His children. How can I tell God I love Him, yet say and do things that do not represent a God of love?

And yet despite their (and our) continued rebellion against Him, God offers redemption. "'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool'" (Is. 1:18b).

I pray that you are reminded today of how much He loves you. Remember that He removed your sins as far away from you as the east is from the west. You may stumble, but He is always by your side, helping you back up. All you have to do is let Him and then lean on Him to show you your next step.

No comments: