About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Don't Be Afraid...And Hold On

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid" (Psalm 56:3-4b).

Fear is a horrible thing. It immobilizes you. So many of our human mistakes stem from a fear of some sort.

In the last few weeks, I've been afraid in several different situations, fearful of what might happen. I have to confess that I haven't really trusted God in these situations, even though I've prayed for His help. My prayers have been made as a last resort and with little belief that God would help. He has, though, at least in little ways. I think God sometimes throws us a life preserver in our times of feeling lost at sea, but we must make the decision to grab on to it...and hold on. Sometimes we'll grab on for a bit, but then decide that we can handle the situation on our own. Thanks, God, we say, I've got it from here. And then we're surprised when we find ourselves afraid and drowning in trouble again.

Living the Christian life is a daily decision. We must live intentionally. And truly trust God when He asks us to trust Him.

No comments: