About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Highlights from Psalm 55

"Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught at the voice of the enemy..." (Psalm 55:1-3a).

"But I call to God, and the LORD saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress and he hears my voice. He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me" (Ps. 55:16-18).

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall" (Ps. 55:22).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question: was this an open-the-Bible-and see-what-God-tells-me passage? Or an I-need-something-so-I'm-gonna-look-it-up passage?

Sunshine said...

This was a hmmmm-I-feel-like-a-Psalm-today-I-wonder-where-I-left-off passage. I keep a bookmark in the Psalms and read them when the mood strikes me. The Psalms are always great. I think I was actually on Psalm 54, but I liked this one better.