About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Why?

When I accessed the Internet this morning, my eyes fell on a news headline about an occurrence in Colorado. Yesterday a gunman entered a Colorado high school, took a group of girls hostage, and eventually killed one 16-year-old girl and then himself. Why?

On days such as these, I am painfully aware that I don't have all the answers. I do believe that evil and good battle each other in our midst every day. An event like this makes it obvious. But even everyday issues of handling one's life with integrity or choosing not to are signs that the fights between good and evil are around us and in us daily.

So what verses can I look to for comfort? When the ugliness of this earthly life seems to take over, what enables me to have hope?

"I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow" (Jeremiah 31:13b).

"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy" (Psalm 30:11).

"'Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted'" (Matthew 5:4).

"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet" (Romans 16:20a).

"'He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever'" (Revelation 21:4).

It will happen. It will happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
Wanna know what is also sad about this? I didn't hear about this on the news, but I sure heard a lot about TO and his "pills".

Geez.