About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Getting a Grip

Stress seems to run rampant in our society. There are numerous suggestions of how to deal with it effectively, but I've found that the best is grabbing yourself by the shoulders (figuratively), taking a deep breath, asking God to help you, and then reading Scripture.

Here's a passage I've had on my mind this morning:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:4-7).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

I love you!

Sunshine said...

I love you, too! xoxox :)