About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

What's Your Heart Doing Today?

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing" (I Corinthians 13:1-3).

Love is what matters. God is love. If we are to emulate Him, then when people think of us, they should think of love.

So, what is your heart up to today? Is it full of love? Or is it (as mine usually is) turned inward, concerned only with yourself? If your heart is breaking, is it with the pain of compassion for what others are going through?

Love is a decision. Sometimes we don't feel love for a person. But we can decide to love that person because, after all, God loves us when we are at our lowest. And He loves that person, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max talked about this Sunday in our study of John 3:16. He cited the story of Gomer. Very cool!

Sunshine said...

The story of Gomer...nothing's coming to mind...can you enlighten me?

Sunshine said...

To share with me the story of Gomer, kc sent me this link: http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=1295