About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Testing, Testing

I think I wrote about this passage not too long ago, but it seems to be one worth repeating, and probably repeating often.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life" (Psalm 139:23, 24).

It's easy for us to ignore the promptings of the Spirit, especially when we're not asking for Him to reveal to us our weaknesses and failings, our sins against Him and against each other. Therefore, it is all the more important to consistently ask God to show us how our hearts are not like His and then ask Him for help in rooting those sins out.

No comments: