About Me

My photo
Learning to face life with a smile...and occasional hysterical laughter.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Like Stars in the Sky and Sand on the Seashore

Recently I was struck by the thought of just how many of us inhabit the earth. My mind can't comprehend it. The thought of all the people who have lived before us and all those who are yet to be blows me away.

The crowning thought is that God knows each person intimately. Each of us is His child, created by Him. That amazes me.

Here's a verse I read this morning that encouraged me:

"He has put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God...Oh, the joys of those who trust the LORD...O LORD my God, you have done many miracles for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them" (Psalm 40:3a, 4a, 5).

No comments: